You can join 4-H if you are in grades K through 13. Youth in Kindergarten, first, and second grades are eligible to enroll in the Cloverbud programs.
In order to join here’s what you need to do:
- First, select a 4-H club from the list below. Feel free to contact more than one club and visit more than one club meeting to find one that meets your needs and interests.
- Once you select a club, find the name and phone number for that club’s general leader.
- Next, call the club’s general leader and find out more information about the club and its members. Most 4-H members join in the fall, but new members can join at any time. In order to show a project at the Iowa County Junior Fair, new members must join by April 1st of the current 4-H year. Returning members must join by December 1st.
- Then, attend the 4-H club meeting with your parents, complete the online enrollment information, select your projects, and get ready to discover what 4-H is all about! Enrollment information and the project guide are available at https://iowa.extension.wisc.edu/4-h-youth-development/enrollments/
- Parents can also sign up to be leaders! In order to be eligible, they need to have completed the Volunteer Orientation Process, be enrolled as a 4-H Leader, and have signed the Volunteer Behavior Expectations Agreement.
4-H Clubs in Iowa County
|DodgevilleArea||Five Point||Sally Hanson||608-574-1385|
|Rockwell Mills||Heidi Tiber||608-574-6187|
|Section Line||Samantha Holz||608-341-7583|
|Highland Area||Country Cardinals||Lynn Tarrell||608-574-8347|
|Mineral Point Area||Bloomfield Buddies||Deena Vinger||608-935-5454|
|County Line||Edith Goodweiler||608-987-3002|
|Jonesdale Jays||Angie Schubert||608-987-3295|
|Pleasant View||Deb Ivey||608-987-3597|
|Barneveld Area||Mounds View||Meghan Durst||608-574-8821|
|Spring Green/Arena Area||Coon Rock||Kristen Strobush||608-279-5170|
|Hollandale/Blanchardville Area||Blue Ribbon||Kathy Fargo||608-214-5281|
|Up and Over||Sara Ihm||608-967-2156|
|Spring Green/Avoca/Muscoda Area||Clyde Go Getters||Mia Hillebrand||608-459-0742|
|Circle A||Kathy Elliott||608-532-6388|
|Montfort/Livingston/Rewey Area||Cobb Busy Badgers||Sara Droessler||608-732-8752|
|Kountry Kousins||Karen Parish||608-623-2110|
|Red Barn||Brittany Ogden||608-943-8910|
|Rewey Lucky Stars||Shelly Osterndorff||608-574-0869|