Helping families achieve financial well-being – keeping pace with day-to-day expenses, reaching financial goals, planning for life’s unexpected events, and securing their financial future.
SIGN-UP for FREE Programs – Money Smart Week – March 30 – April 6
Tuesday, April 2, 2019 – Where Does Your Money Go?
Communicating about money
Tracking your spending
Making a spending plan
Thursday, April 4, 2019 – Your Financial Future—Understand, Control & Protect
Saving for retirement
Saving money on taxes
Managing investment volatility
Planning for health care expenses
Attend one or both FREE programs. Each program will be from 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM.
Call to register @ 608-930-9850 or click on the button below.Sign-up for programs
Potential Future Financial Programming
The UW-Extension Office in Iowa County is constantly striving to meet the educational needs of those who live and/or work here. In a recent process to identify potential needs in our area, we noticed a strong interest in more information and education regarding financial management, financial strategies, and life planning. As we plan our educational programs for 2019 and beyond, we would like to know more about the specific financial topics that people want to learn about. To collect that information, we are asking for your assistance in not only taking this survey yourselves but also sharing this survey link with your clients if you have a way to do that.
The link below will take you to a survey that we are encouraging people to respond to so that we can gauge the need for this type of programming in our area. Our hope is to provide local communities with information that is relevant, available, and important to those needing financial guidance.
Please take 10 minutes to walk through this survey so that we can better understand your desire and interest in this type of financial programmingFinancial Survey
Resources and Education
- UW-Extension – Family Financial Security
- UW-Extension – Financial Education Center
- Money Smart Week 2019 – March 30 – April 6, 2019
- Econ Low Down – Click. Teach. Engage.
- Econ Ed at the St. Louis Fed
- FDIC Teacher Online Resource Center
- Practical Money Skills – Financial Literacy for Everyone
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Money as You Grow: Help for parents and caregivers
- Money as You Grow Book Club Facilitator’s Guide – Introducing children to important money concepts through books
- High School Financial Planning Program